Composite Fabricator Job at DIAMOND AIRCRAFT INDUSTRIES – in London, ON
At Diamond Aircraft, we pride ourselves on our aviation enthusiasm. The employee group is comprised of well trained, conscientious individuals who thrive on challenge and accomplishment. One of the leading general aviation companies, with an expanding line of modern composite training and personal aircraft, Diamond Aircraft is a great opportunity for those seeking a rewarding career. Join our team today!
As a Composite Fabricator, you are responsible for the manufacturing of structural aviation components, using techniques and processes such as: hand/wet lay-up, bonding, trimming, and demolding in a temperature-controlled production environment following engineering drawings and approved work instructions.
· Laminate composite parts in accordance with drawings and procedures
· Cut composite cloth to size, following template or blueprints, using scissors or knife
· Apply layers of impregnated cloth onto mold in predetermined ply sequence, press cloth to fit contours of mold, smooth surface and remove air pockets and excess resin using squeegee, scraper, or spatula
· Install vacuum bag if required
· Ensure safe work practices are followed, including wearing all proper PPE as required
· Maintain housekeeping practices throughout shift and perform proper end of shift cleaning
· Report to Team Leader/Supervisor any discrepancies regarding production requirements or time constraints
· Report for shift on time
· Report any defective tooling, jigs, or safety hazards
· Ensure proper care is taken of all equipment and tools
· Report any shortages or defects to Team Leader/Supervisor
· Ensure work is performed in a timely manner according to schedule
· Perform all work in accordance with Health and Safety policies
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
· Minimum 3 months directly related experience
· Good hand-eye coordination
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Attentive to details
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Possess persistence to plug steadily at routine work
· Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in written form
Educational or Academic Requirements:
· High School diploma or equivalent
All applicants for employment are offered equal opportunity to qualify for available job openings and will not be discriminated against on the basis of prohibited grounds outlined in applicable Human Rights legislation.
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- * Do you have previous mechanical experience (ie. working on cars, machinery)? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
- * Do you have experience reading blueprints? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
- * Do you have experience working with power tools, if yes, please list the power tools you have used? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
- * Do you have any working with wood, construction, landscaping or concrete experiences? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
- * Do you have any drywall, framing or home improvement experiences? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
- * What is your wage (wage range) expectation? Note: Please answer all questions to be considered for the position.
About the Company
Company: DIAMOND AIRCRAFT INDUSTRIES –
Company Location: London, ON