Compliance Officer Job at Jetstar Melbourne, VIC
- 12 month fixed-term full-time opportunity
- Jetstar Melbourne Headquarters office location
As exciting opportunity has arisen for a hard working professional to join our Compliance Team in this critical role that provides administrative and operational support to the Compliance Manager, in an area that help other areas of the business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively and develop and maintain best practice.
We’re looking for an energetic Compliance Officer who will be primarily responsible for assisting in maintaining crew records and managing compliance by using various databases to ensure Pilots and Cabin Crew are compliant with the Company Operations Manual and applicable CASA legislation.
Reporting to the Manager of Compliance, other responsibilities include:
- Maintain & update training and proficiency check records, ground training courses, route qualifications, passports and visas, ASICs, pilot licences, medical, type ratings, recency details and crew qualifications.
- Ensure the safety and security of all people, assets, systems and procedures engaged in or associated with the airline through compliance with Jetstar policy & procedures and CASA legislation.
- Collaborate with Operations team & Ground Training to ensure both Pilots and Cabin Crew are compliant and legal to operate without causing disruptions to service.
- Effectively use the airline systems such as Rocade, TRIM, TPMS and E-File Database applications to maintain, review and update crew documents and records
- Run Document Expiry reports to ensure crew are compliant and the necessary documentation is received and updated in a timely manner;
- Check & validate legality warnings in Rocade and advise Manager of any critical violations
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Attention to detail with a high aptitude and competency with MS Office (particularly Excel);
- Highly motivated and able to deal with multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Organised and efficient with the ability to problem solve;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels;
- Able to work effectively independently and within a team;
- Knowledge and understanding of airline operations and aviation legislation is preferable
- Ability to adapt to consistently changing environment and think laterally
- Minimum Diploma relevant fields (Aviation/ Business/ Administration) or experience in relevant administrative roles
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 8000 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Application Close 29th September 2022
About the Company
Company Location: Melbourne, VIC