Claims Specialist – Marine and Aviation Job at Liberty Specialty Markets – in London
Country: United Kingdom
Creation Date: 07-Apr-2021
Employment Type: Fixed term contract
Ref #: 4227
Description & Requirements
Who we are?
Liberty Specialty Markets is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets. Established in 2013, bringing together Liberty’s company, syndicate and reinsurance operations into one combined operation of over 1,900 people, over 50 specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products and four underwriting platforms.
About the Team:
The LSM Claims Department is responsible for delivering effective and efficient claims handling and monitoring expertise together with the provision of information and analytical support for the business. This is done whilst have due regard to both the principles of treating the customer fairly and the LSM Conduct Risk appetite.
About the Role:
- To personally adjust claims from first advice to conclusion on the Marine Cargo, Hull, Liability, War, Terrorism, and Aviation All Risks and Aviation War books of business, liaising with specialist Surveyors, Adjusters and Legal professionals where required
- Represent Liberty in market meetings
- To adhere to the authority requirements of the role as agreed. Additionally, financial authority will be reviewed no less than annually.
- To support the management of all third party relationship where the third party has delegated claims handling authority
- Adherence to the LSM Claims Charter and Code of Conduct
- Work closely with the underwriting teams, providing feedback and data where required
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience handling claims in any Marine or Aviation classes
- Proven record of maintaining effective relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions and exhibit sound and reasoned judgment and/or escalate as necessary
- Competent organizational, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Competent analytical and oral/written presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and dynamic Excellent IT skills.
What we can offer you:
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. We are a proud sponsor of MumsNet and encourage a flexible work life balance.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
About the Company
Company: Liberty Specialty Markets –
Company Location: London