Civil Aviation Project Manager (Dallas/Fort Worth) – Austin Bridge & Road Job at AUSTIN BRIDGE & ROAD – 3.7 in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking an experienced Civil Aviation Project Manager for projects in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented professionals that want to excel with us.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing overall supervision and coordination on one small to medium size project, under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager or Area Manager that requires interfacing of structures, roadway, and other operations. They will plan and schedule the resources required to complete the project ahead of schedule and below the estimated cost. This position requires leadership capability and ability to maintain a good working relationship with Owners, designers, vendors, subcontractors, and holding project team accountable for compliance with OSHA and Austin’s internal policies and procedures. It also requires competency in discerning contracts and risk management.
- Assistant Project Manager
- Field Engineer
- Office Engineer
- Field Office Manager
Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Bid Review
- Subcontract negotiations and project buyout
- Scheduling and coordination of the project
- Project cost accounting
- Owner billings
- Change orders
- Liaison with Owners, architects, and suppliers
- Compliance with company policies & procedures
- Development of subordinates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners and general contractor to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners’ representatives.
- Read and interpret owner’s drawings and specifications insuring that AB&R staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to complete the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Create ten day detailed schedule and update weekly.
- Provide all AB&R personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the construction industry with projects in civil aviation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management
- Project management experience in the construction industry with projects in civil aviation
- TxDOT and/or Design Build experience a huge plus!
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)! To learn more about Austin, please go to https://www.austin-ind.com/our-company/who-we-are.
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: AUSTIN BRIDGE & ROAD – 3.7
Company Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX