Chief Flight Instructor Job at Wallace State Community College – 4.4 in Hanceville, AL
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible for fostering student learning by providing high quality classroom instruction. The Instructor must strive for continuous improvement of the curriculum, learning activities, and instructional resources to ensure student success. In addition to instructional duties, the Instructor will also be fully involved in the institutional planning process and developing the goals and objectives of the assigned academic department.
1. High school diploma or GED certification required, Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred
2. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
3. Ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures
4. Effective written and oral communication skills are required
5. Must be willing to work nights and weekends
6. Demonstrated ability to apply effective instructional techniques in the classroom and in flight
7. Must be able to comply with CFR 14 Part 141.35 Chief Instructor qualifications: a, b, c, d, e
Required License, Certificates, or Special Credentials
FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine land, Multi-Engine Land, Multi-Engine Land, Rotorcraft Helicopter, Instrument CFI-Airplane and Helicopter
Must hold a current FAA 3rd Class (or higher) Medical Certificate
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area.
- Develop, implement, and teach courses that are designed to meet individual student needs and ensure an effective learning experience.
- Evaluate and record student performance and achievement in a timely manner and provide prompt feedback to students and the administration in order to assure learning outcomes are met.
- Participate as a contributing faculty member of the College, including participating in planning long-range and short-term goals for the department and College, as well as maintaining regular office ours and participating in faculty meetings.
- Maintain and contribute to required reporting, self-study documentation, and site visits as needed for accreditation purposes.
- Actively recruit students to the aviation program through communication, presentation, and visits throughout the region.
- Must be able to comply with CFR 14 Part 141.85 Chief Instructor responsibilities.
- In order to perform these essential functions, the Instructor must be present at work. Therefore, attendance is an essential function.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $38,153.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- FAA Certification (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Wallace State Community College – 4.4
Company Location: Hanceville, AL