Cargo Warehouse Services Agent – Cargo Services Job at Swissport Dublin Airport
Swissport Western Europe are looking for enthusiastic team members to join our Cargo Operation. As a Cargo Warehouse Agent, you will organize warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. You will maintain the required safety and quality standards as well as comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and company policies.
Ready for take off? Join Swissport for an exciting career in aviation in a Full time permanent capacity.
Starting rate €11.56 per hour
- 5 day on 2 days off roster pattern (flexible shift rotation)
- Free employee parking at Dublin airport
- Staff discount in The Loop at Dublin Airport
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Fully paid Training & uniform provided by Swissport
- Free Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount with Vodafone
- Employee reward scheme
In addition you will receive a monthly allowance of up to €94.25 dependant on your contracted hours which is an equivalent to an hourly rate of €12.14 per hour.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Load and unload air cargo onto vehicles and storage areas
- Prepare and palletize cargo as needed
- Ensure paperwork related to the cargo is correct
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient if required
- Provide special handling of live animals as required •
- Drive and/or operate specialist equipment which may include vans, forklift trucks, cargo dollies/trailers.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all relevant legislation and airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
To be successful in this role you will need to be or have:
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and public holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift
- Able to work as a team in a fast-paced environment
- A full driving licence is preferred but essential
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment desirable
Swissport is an equal opportunities employer, for further information on this, please visit .
About the Company
Company Location: Dublin Airport