Cargo Handler Job at Menzies Aviation – in Montréal, QC
Read air waybills, bills of landing and freight manifests to determine the items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read air waybills, bills of landing and freight manifests to determine the items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Convey freight from receiving areas to storage or to other warehouse areas using forklift or other designated handling equipment.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as consignee or destination.
- Sort and store dangerous goods in proper area.
- Complete requisitions, work orders or request for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to other locations.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers for break down. Record counts of items received or distributed.
- Weighs and counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and airway bill.
- Performs cargo build-up and/or breakdowns, freight to and/or from skid, pallets or ULDs.
- Perform X-ray or other pre-flight security checks on manifested cargo as required
- Ensure that work areas are clean and hazard free of loose nets, strap, etc.
- Must practice all company’s Safety Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment.
- Data entry on web-based computer system
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to obtain a RAIC security clearance through the airport
- Legal age (18) in Alberta
- Valid Class 5 (minimum) Driver’s License, excluding graduated licenses
- AVOP DA is an asset
- Forklift skills an asset (training is provided)
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Warehouse experience an asset
- Airline experience an asset
- Must be flexible and available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- handling cargo: 1 year (preferred)
- general labour: 1 year (preferred)
- RAIC (preferred)
- AVOP/DA (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Menzies Aviation –
Company Location: Montréal, QC