Care Assistant / Support Worker Job at HCPA Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
About the Company
AevaCare Home Care are passionate about delivering high quality home care to our Service Users and equally believe in providing the best support for our staff. We care for a diverse range of people including the elderly, those with disabilities or illness and focus on delivering a person centred approach to care. Our Care Assistants are the backbone of our company and we value them as much as our Service Users.
Why should I apply for this Care Assistant – Home Care job?
AevaCare is a independent family run company where there is ample room for development through the company. From the minute you join us, we provide you with comprehensive induction training, fully paid shadowing hours, ongoing short courses, through to funded Diplomas. We provide you with mandatory and targeted training so you are confident in your role and help you continue to learn and thrive.
What we offer you:
- Flexible hours – our service runs from 07:00 till 22:00, 7 days a week. We have positions for Mornings – Evenings – Weekends or a combination of times.
- Competitive pay rates: Starting at £10.50/h weekdays if you are new to care or higher £££+++ depending on experience.
- Enhanced Bank Holidays and Weekend rates £££+++
- Minimum 1 hour visits so you are not rushing from one Service User to another
- Paid mileage, DBS (refunded)
- 28 days holiday (12.07% on top of pay rate)
- A supportive and fully involved Management team
- Pension Scheme
- Full PPE to enable to keep you and our Service Users safe
- Weekly COVID-19 testing to ensure we keep everyone as safe as possible
What does this Care Assistant – Home Care job involve?
As our Home Care Assistant you will:
- Be working in the community
- Supporting people in their own homes
- Being an essential part of their daily lives
- Caring for our Service Users with Dementia
- Help with showering, bathing, meal prep, medication and variety of tasks
- Using equipment, mobility aids
Each day is different and may range from providing companionship to the challenges of complex needs, including End of Life. We also provide Pet Therapy to our Service Users. You will make new friends, go home happier and feel you have made a difference to someone’s life.
Am I the right person for this Care Assistant – Home Care job?
No experience necessary as you will be fully trained. You may have worked in hospitality, aviation, leisure or cleaning services and have experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting.
You MUST be a Car Driver with access to your own car and have the Right to Work in the UK.
Ideally, you will be living locally around Rickmansworth, Croxley, Chorleywood, Mill End, Maple Cross, West Watford, Northwood, Oxhey areas.
We are looking for candidates who share our values and have the following attributes:
- Warm, compassionate, empathetic, respectful
- Have a great attitude to care work
- Safety conscious
- Hard working
- Tidy and organised
- Take pride in your work
About the Company
Company Location: Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire