BVE Payroll Administrator Job at Babcock International – in Walsall
Job Title: Payroll Administrator – 6 month FTC
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, GB, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £24000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Job ID: SF41359
This is your opportunity to join Babcock International maintaining and running all aspects of the monthly payroll for the Babcock Vehicle Engineering business; investigating and resolving queries.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator with the ability to work accurately under pressure to meet strict deadlines. You will be competent in Microsoft Office with an excellent working knowledge of Excel and ideally have experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining the Payroll for Vehicle Engineering in a timely manner including ensuring all new employees have clock cards; managing holiday cards and terminating leavers
- Ensuring clock cards are on the shopfloor each week and that the previous weeks are all added up ready for the monthly payroll submission
- Ensuring all anomalies are dealt with by the Line Managers in a timely manner and escalate any issues to the HR Team e.g. unauthorised absence
- Extracting and ratifying data from timecards on variable pay elements e.g. overtime, allowances & sickness deductions and collate accurately
- Ensuring approvals are in place for all variable pay elements
- Ensuring all completed payroll spreadsheets are approved as per the agreed process and forwarded to the Babcock payroll team
The experience you’ll bring
- You will have or have the ability to obtain DBS security clearance
- A wealth of Payroll experience is a must. Ideally with experience of running payroll for at least 250 employee
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation and within a HR Centralised team
- Experience of liaising with employees at all levels within a business
- Competent in updating spreadsheets and manual data input
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 28th January 2022
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Walsall