Buyer Job at Safran – in Kirkland, QC
- Make daily purchases within allotted program/division based on requisitions and analyze the quality, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Enter purchase orders into MRP system (M3) and issues to supplier via e-mail.
- Review purchase orders on a weekly basis via M3 reporting system and follows up with suppliers to ensure all orders are confirmed within 5 business days.
- Escalate any issues such as supplier performance, risk of shortages, price increase & inventory impact to the Purchasing Supervisor
- Interacts with Planning, Supplier Quality Representative and Engineering to ensure any changes in production requirements are communicated to suppliers.
- Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers and co-workers promoting courtesy, objectivity and fairness.
- Daily review of responsible portfolio with regards to expediting shortages, pushing-out orders based on MRP requirements & cancelling orders if no longer needed
- Daily follow-up with Past due PO’s
- Communicate to suppliers monthly scorecards & forecast
- Following with supplier ensuring a monthly target Supplier On Time Delivery of 98% is met
- Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) written against suppliers and to relays information to them.
- Updates suppliers with engineering changes
- Monitor supplier performance.
- Following up with suppliers with regards to missing paperwork (packing slips, certificate of conformance etc.)
- Education: Preferable Supply Chain Operations or any other relevant combination of training and experience for the position.
- Experience: Previous experience with supply chain management is preferred or equivalent purchasing experience. Also, an understanding of transportation is preferable.
- Computer Skill: Familiar with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, and with MRP systems
- Other Skills: Excellent communicator, strong organizational skills and positive attitude
- Languages: Ability to communicate in French and English.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes’s 2020 list of the World’s Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Kirkland, Quebec, CANADA
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 3 years
English Bilingual, French Bilingual
About the Company
Company: Safran –
Company Location: Kirkland, QC