Business Process Consultant Job at Arup in Solihull
Location: London or Solihull
Closing Date: 9th March 2021
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
- Responsible for technical delivery on one or more business improvement projects, with oversight and support from Arup project Manager/ Director.
- Leverages own experience and knowledge of specific skill area to resolve straightforward, problems and recommend innovative solutions on projects.
- Responsible for the diagnostic of operational performance opportunities, development of recommendations and presentation of solutions that address a range of client needs and challenges, business case development, performance improvement activities and benefits delivery.
- Identifies, establishes and monitors key relationships (internal and client), occasionally representing the team in client environments.
- Supports project economics by demonstrating good commercial discipline and delivering work within set commercial expectations.
- Liaises closely with counterpart client stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
- Supports Arup project Manager / Director and client to scope requirements and prepare proposals, developing client relationships, building internal and external networks.
- Contributes to the development of methodologies, tools for the Business Process community of practice and Operations Consulting skills network.
- Draws on best practice business performance diagnostic tools and process improvement tools to deliver on one or more of the following areas: Operations/ Business performance improvement; Operations expansion/consolidation / relocation; New venture development and diversification of product and service offerings; Strategic alignment of operations; Operational excellence.
- Applies knowledge of business change and organisational development tools and techniques to make recommendation to client challenges.
Requirements and skills
- Typically, 3+ years of experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Experience in operations planning and performance improvement, preferably within a consulting role.
- Experience of delivering operational improvement, business change and business improvement initiatives.
- Capability in developing business proposals for clients, by understanding client requirements.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and teams working.
- Typically, a first degree and / or with extensive relevant work experience in Operations / Business performance improvement.
- Working towards or considering becoming a professional member with a relevant institute.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA); Relevant Masters.
- Awareness of business performance diagnostic tools and process improvement tools, including Lean and Six Sigma, ideally to at least Lean Practitioner level.
- Experience in one or more of the following markets: Manufacturing, Rail, Highways, Energy, Aviation and / or Water.
Reward and benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle – we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you’re interested in flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
Equality and diversity
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
About the Company
Company Location: Solihull