Business Process Consultant Job at Arup – in London
Location: London or Solihull
Closing Date: 21st April 2021
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
- Responsible for technical delivery on one or more business improvement projects, with oversight and support from Arup project Manager / Director.
- Leverages own experience and knowledge of specific skill area to resolve straightforward, problems and recommend solutions on projects.
- Responsible for the analysis of operational performance opportunities, derives insights and supports development of recommendations that address a range of client needs and challenges.
- Identifies and establishes key relationships (internal and client).
- Responsible for checking own work and meeting agreed deadlines.
- Liaises closely with counterpart client stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
- Contributes to the development of methodologies, tools for the Business Process community of practice and Operations Consulting skills network.
- Draws on best practice business performance diagnostic tools and process improvement tools to deliver on one or more of the following areas: Operations/ Business performance improvement; Operations expansion/consolidation/ relocation; New venture development and diversification of product and service offerings; Strategic alignment of operations; Operational excellence.
Requirements and skills
- Typically, a first degree and / or with extensive relevant work experience in Operations/ Business performance improvement.
- Working towards or considering becoming a professional member with a relevant institute.
- Typically, two plus years of experience in a consulting or in-house environment.
- Experience in operations planning and performance improvement, preferably within a consulting role.
- Experience of delivering operational improvement, business change and business improvement initiatives.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters team working.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA); Relevant Masters.
- Awareness of business performance diagnostic tools and process improvement tools, including Lean and Six Sigma, ideally to at least Lean Practitioner level.
- Experience in one or more of the following markets: Manufacturing, Rail, Highways, Energy, Aviation and / or Water.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle – we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you’re interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.
About the Company
Company: Arup –
Company Location: London