Big Data Lead Engineer Job at Bombardier in Dorval, QC
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
General description of the job
You will be part of the Aircraft Health Management System (AHMS) team and an emerging Digital Products team that is focused on one of the top priorities within the organization by introducing, implementing and sustaining Digital Products for Bombardier Aviation customers. You will work in close collaboration with cross functional teams and stakeholders across the organization such as Product Owners, User Experience UX/UI, Go-To-Market, Sales and Customer Support specialists. Join us and be an integral part of a dynamic and innovative team within the industry’s leading Business Aviation manufacturers.
In your role, you will:
- Design, implement, and manage Data Lake and digital platform capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
- Support the Aircraft Health Management System (AHMS) initiatives
- Architect and support the build and release of new features and infrastructure (hands-on role). You will be part of one team that will deploy a full software stack in cloud environments.
- Plan, install and deploy highly available solutions in our cloud environment
- Design and implement API layers with appropriate security mechanisms for data ingest and consumption
- Manage entire pipelines, working with tools such as Terraform and AWS console
- Install and configure data stores of all flavors- PostGresSQL, Timeseries, NoSQL etc.
- Lead data platform governance
- Establish internal data compliance processes
As our ideal candidate,
- Able to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Hands on with Shells, Shell scripting basics
- You have experience with services and container-based architectures
- You have experience working alongside and supporting multiple Agile development teams
- You have experience deploying to leading cloud providers AWS, GCP and Azure
- Above average expertise in any one programming language- Java, C#, Ruby, Python
- You have experience developing using SDLC (Secure Development LifeCycle)
- You have experience migrating on-premise services to a Cloud environment
- You have experience using SFTP servers in a production environment
- Familiar with at least one BI tool (PowerBI, Microstrategy, Tableau)
- 6+ recent years as a software developer and/or as a DevOps engineer, in a role responsible for planning, designing, and leading implementation of scalable software and cloud based infrastructure.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of cloud systems administration
- You have the ability to influence others
- You have strong oral and written English communications skills and functional French communication skills are desired
- Expert at Python, node.js, angular.js
- Expert at Kubernetes and/or Docker and/or OpenShift
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience as admin of an SFTP server
- Knowledge of SSH technology
- Familiar with VPN / VPC environments
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Data/System Architecture
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 02.12.2020, 11:43:08 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About the Company
Company Location: Dorval, QC