Baggage Handling Agent Job at Global Aviation Services in Arlington, VA
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will:
- Load and unload baggage
- Sort and stack baggage on specified carts, conveyors, or screening machines
- Safely transport baggage on carts in specified areas
- Transport oversize baggage or live animals as necessary
- Ensure and maintain an adequate supply of baggage tubs for baggage conveyor belts
- If/When working with In-Line Baggage System:
- Clear jams on baggage conveyor systems
- Clean debris from belt system
- Manually encode baggage numbers for misread bag tags
- Lift, sort, and stack baggage when belt system is inoperable
- Move oversize bags to airline carousel
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
No skills needed.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Repeatedly lift 70 pounds or more:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy bags
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
- Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Because the job involves heavy physical work, it is important to be physically strong.
Global Aviation Services
About the Company
Company: Global Aviation Services
Company Location: Arlington, VA