B3T Mechanical Fitter Job at Babcock International – in Holyhead
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Holyhead, Anglesey, GB, LL65 3NY
Compensation: £ 25,729.64 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43119
We have an exciting opportunity based here at RAF Valley, Holyhead.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to provide production of Hawk Tmk1 aircraft Hydraulic and Mechanical Components in order to meet the daily flying task within a Part145 regulated environment. You may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient serviceable components to meet the task.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out any authorised maintenance task, providing mandatory requirement for 100% supervision is fulfilled by way of competency assessment – subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority.
- Carry out first signature responsibilities for bay maintenance/rectification activities.
- Conduct maintenance in line with all approved maintenance data sources and reporting errors in process/information so that they can be resolved.
- Safe operation of compressed gas and pressurised hydraulic fluid in a maintenance environment.
- Complete maintenance/rectification activities using bay equipment after operator training including on a hydraulic test bench.
- Staff may be required to carry out additional tasks as directed.
The experience you’ll bring
- Extensive industry experience or appropriate OJT/Trade training equivalent to C&G 2675 L3.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and components.
- An understanding of Hydraulic Power including flows and pressures.
- Full Driving License
- Use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to apply existing and emerging technology
- Working knowledge and use of IT Operating Systems (MS Office Suite) and the Internet.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26/05/2022
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Holyhead