Avionics Repair Technician Job at Aerotek – 3.7 in Federal Way, WA
Aerotek is seeking to hire a Repair Technician – Avionics responsible for testing, troubleshooting, dissembling, repairing, reassembling, testing, certifying, and documenting on various types of aircraft avionics equipment, working down to circuit board and component level. Boxes include – COM/NAV, Surveillance, Autopilot, and Multifunction Displays.
This is a full-time, long-term role for someone seeking a stable role with benefits, retirement, etc.
- Set up and operate precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electronic equipment and systems
- Use standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc., as well as a working knowledge of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
- Align and adjust advanced electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
- Analyze circuitry and physically check wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and system components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
- Performs difficult electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units. Determine requirements and install modifications as set forth by Service Bulletin or other authorized documentation.
Shift: Multiple available, likely will train on day shift and then move to overnight shift. Skills & Qualifications:
4+ years of recent avionics or relevant electronic system repair experience required
Repair experience in one or more of the following technologies is highly desired – COM/NAV, Surveillance, Autopilot, and Multifunction Displays
Must be eligible for ITAR-regulated role
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Company: Aerotek – 3.7
Company Location: Federal Way, WA