Avionics Electronics Technician – 4th shift Job at Collins Aerospace – 3.7 in Federal Way, WA
Job ID 01441380
Date posted 04/06/2021
City Federal Way
Country United States
United States of America
HWA33: Federal Way, WA 32125 32nd Avenue South , Federal Way, WA, 98001-9345 USA
This position is for a staff Production and Technical Service technician who is under moderate supervision. Responsible for troubleshooting technical problems and issues, determining technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommending actions to customers, customer service representatives, sales representatives or field staff for coordinated product solution. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
- Works under moderate supervision to provide product and technical support.
- Responds to moderately complex customer inquiries and resolves technical problems related to installation, modification, upgrade, maintenance and repair of the company products or equipment purchased.
- Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
- Drafts technical documentation to improve the level of on-site maintenance and timely processing of product fault.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to customers, customer service representatives, sales representatives or field staff for coordinated product solution.
- Coordinates with Customer Service representatives to identify customer training and support needs.
- Resolves issues surrounding installation, usage, upgrade and training on products.
- Provides on-site support as needed.
- May resolve technical problems in a call center/help desk environment or through customer escalation.
- Completes proper documentation of issues.
- Not responsible for sales activities.
An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
Military experience and/or an FCC or FAA Repairman License is desired
We require candidates experienced with avionics troubleshooting and repair to component level (circuit card assemblies, capacitors, resistors, etc…).
Knowledge in RF/Digital/Analog theory and application is highly desired. T
he ideal candidate will be familiar troubleshooting avionics equipment such as Flight Control Computers, Radio Communication, Navigation, Weather Radar units, as well as Multifunction Displays and control panels.
Automated Test Equipment and/or Manual bench operation, troubleshooting and repair is desired.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
● Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
● Life insurance and disability coverage
● Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
● Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
● Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
● Incentives for a Healthy You
● Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
● Autism Benefit
● Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
● Adoption Assistance
● Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
● And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
About the Company
Company: Collins Aerospace – 3.7
Company Location: Federal Way, WA