Aviation Technical Writer Job at Everts Air – in Fairbanks, AK
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Publications Technical Writer responsible for the quality of and has the authority to establish and modify the policies, procedures, instructions, and information of the currency, distribution, and availability of technical and company manuals contained in the manual management element. They will develop and maintain technical documents for internal and external publication. Document types include Company manuals and documents, owner’s manuals, service & maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other support related documents. This position will work closely with representatives from engineering, operations, quality, and Maintenance and Operations Departments in the development of these publications. Responsibilities also include oversight of document tracking and revision status of all technical and Company publications within the company system databases. They will also conduct research related to applications and service requirements for other manufacturer’s products installed on company aircraft. The Publications Technical Writer will report to the Publications Manager and Chief Inspector depending on the task being accomplished.
- Provide daily support with revising and maintaining the Company and Technical Publications Manuals in a current status:
a. Maintain the revision cycles of Company and technical manuals for EAC, EAA, and EAF.
b. Maintain the currency of all electronic Company and manufacturer manuals posted on the company cloud.
c. Constructing manuals to include technical writing from the ground up.
- To include Service Bulletins and STC ICAs into AMM instructions.
- Research Airworthiness Directives (AD) to ensure timely compliance with AD requirements.
a. Creating AD Compliance Checklists (ADCC).
- Analyze AD information, Service Bulletins, and other documents to create and publish AD supporting
- Maintain master and historical reference for all hardcopy manuals.
- Maintaining web-based company and manufacturer’s manuals.
b. Updating Company and technical manuals on the Everts Cloud.
- Maintaining the Shared Review Access Document for Company Manuals and revisions database for technical manuals that are in revision.
a. Provide training support for Adobe Shared Review users.
- Responsible for revision, obtaining signatures of acceptance, distribution of FAA issued accepted manuals.
- Coordinate the printing and distribution of required paper copies of manuals.
- Monitor the return of Transmittal Revision Sheets to ensure paper copies have been updated.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining aircraft libraries.
a. Perform audits on A/C Libraries for both Company and technical publications in a timely manner as needed.
- Perform quarterly, biannual and annual audits for all Company manuals, controlled manuals, and technical manuals maintained in manual owner’s and maintenance libraries for applicability to aircraft,
accuracy, and currency:
a. Resolve audit findings for all publications.
b. Contacting manufacturers to validate current manual revisions.
- Assisting employees with application support and general IT issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance and five (5) years’ experience in accounting, of which three (3) years should be at Management Level; or any combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required. A CPA is also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data to include GAAP.
- Knowledge of appropriate management and supervisory skills to supervise general accounting staff.
- Ability to design and utilize computer reports and output.
- Ability to learn and fully utilize all aspect of all accounting software to include Quick Books, Sage and UKG.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite products.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, management, and various external individuals and organizations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $22.00 p/hr
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status_ Exempt_
Requisition ID 436618656
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Location: 5525 Airport Industrial Road, Fairbanks, AK 99709
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
About the Company
Company: Everts Air –
Company Location: Fairbanks, AK