Aviation SASMO Job at MILVETS Systems Technology Hawaii
JOB TITLE: Aviation SASMO – Sustainment Automation Support Management Office
JOB TYPE: Full-time, contingent upon contract award
LOCATION: Ft. Shafter, HI
REPORTS TO: Aviation SASMO Team Lead
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience, scope of work and location
MANDATORY: This position requires an active Secret Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Considering local candidates with US Citizenship only. Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
The USARC, Deputy Chief of Staff G-4, Systems and Automation Integration Branch located at Fort Bragg, North Carolina is responsible for SIS support to include; New Equipment Fielding, New Equipment Training (NET), functional and technical support and life cycle support of SIS for the USAR. SIS consists of both legacy/bridging Logistics Information Systems and Tactical Enterprise Logistics Systems (TELS) that include: Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-A), Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation Enhanced (ULLS-AE), Standard Army Ammunition System – Modernized (SAAS-MOD), Combat Service support Automated Information System Interface (CAISI), Very Small Aperture Satellite (VSAT), and Transportation Coordinators’ – Automated Information for Movements System (TC-AIMS). Additionally, the team shall provide functional and technical support for an USAR SIS Hardware Tracking Program. SIS is not a unique system to the USAR, it is a group of systems developed by the Army for automated logistics processes used by all Army components.
- The Aviation Sustainment Automation Support Management Office (SASMO) is responsible for providing dedicated support to the various systems and fully supports the US Army Reserve Command.
- The Aviation SASMO provides direct support to the U.S. Army and the Prime Contractor in the Sustainment of USARC systems throughout their life cycle to include:
- Set-up, configure, and install software updates and approved images and fielding of new systems and equipment.
- Complete quality checks and functionality tests.
- Process requests for issue of new systems upon unit level data migration.
- Provide units disposition for displaced legacy systems.
- Utilize the LOGSA, LIW, GCSS-A and USAFMSA website to validate data.
- The Aviation SASMO is responsible for providing both client system, hardware, and software technical support, as well as upgrades to all customers within USARC, to include ULLS-AE, ACN, and GCSS-A.
- They will assist with maintaining hardware as needed to support client infrastructure and USARC software.
- Maintains knowledge base (including fielding documents for all hardware) and technical training bulletins.
- Ensures help desk tickets, when resolved, contain sufficient and correct verbiage along with appropriate documentation (training bulletins, work-arounds, End User’s Manual Plus (EUM+) links, etc.).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Aviation SASMO personnel shall have a minimum of two (2) years ULLS-A (E)/ACN experience operating, loading software, networking and configuring log books, workstations and servers.
- Aviation SASMOs shall have and maintain at all times an IAT II privileged user account. (CompTIA Sec+ Certificate)
- Provide functional and technical support for, but not necessarily inclusive of, the following LIS: GCSS-A, CSS-VSAT, and CAISI 2.0.
- Distribute new Army LIS/equipment to SASMO customers; distribute new Software Packages, Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Incremental Change Packages (ICP) to SASMO customers and maintain Historical Library of System Software and Change Packages.
- Maintain and Issue Logistic Information System (LIS) “Floats”, monitor Contract and Maintenance Support (Warranty/Maintenance Repair), provide User Level LIS Sustainment Training, restore equipment to operation by replacement of line replaceable unit, troubleshoot automation equipment and systems to the degree required for isolation of malfunctions to specific hardware or software.
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, highly preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Will be required to undergo and pass applicable background checks.
- Extensive knowledge in both ULLS-A (E) and ACN.
- Extensive knowledge in all aircraft specific software/systems to include:
- Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS)
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management System (IVHMS)
- Enhanced Digital Ground Station (EDGS)
- Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI)
- Joint Knowledge Caching Server (JKCS)
- The Army Maintenance Management System -Aviation (TAMMS-A) / Maintenance Consolidated Database System (MCDS)
- Extensive knowledge of GCSS-A (functional, technical, & networking), CAISI 2.0, VSAT, and Networking.
- Military experience in MOS 92A, 25B, and 15T/U.
- Experience as Computer Systems Repair Technician,
- Knowledge of SASMO’s software and hardware on a functional, technical, and managerial level.
- In accordance with DoD 8570.01 and DoDD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management” ; Candidate must meet the Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II requirements by having one of the following certifications: GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Sec, Cissp, Cisa, CASP, GCIH, GSEC, or GCED)
MILVETS offers an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
About the Company
Company: MILVETS Systems Technology
Company Location: Hawaii