Aviation Safety Program Analyst Job at Transport Canada – in Dorval, QC
$73,027 to $84,510
For further information on the organization, please visit Transport Canada
Closing date: 13 April 2021 – 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the responsibility of the candidate to clearly outline that they meet each of the screening criteria (i.e. Education and Experience Qualifications, both Essential and Assets) in the screening questions. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current
responsibilities, rather the candidate must provide concrete, detailed examples that illustrate how and when they have met the requirement. Failure to do so could result in the application being rejected from the process. All information pertaining to the invitation to tests or interviews will be sent by e-mail. Candidates who participate in this selection process must include an electronic e-mail address which accepts e-mails from unknown users (some e-mail systems block this kind of -mail). THEREFORE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY YOUR E-MAIL AND/OR PSRS ACCOUNT ON A
REGULAR BASIS FOR NEW COMMUNICATION REGARDING THIS SELECTION PROCESS.
TRANSPORT CANADA: A SMART CAREER MOVE!
Apply today for anopportunity to join Transport Canada. We are looking for dynamic candidates that will help shape and build the Transport Canada of tomorrow. The persons selected will have the opportunity to increase their experience and expertise. We look forward to hearing from you!
Transport Canada employs nearly 5,000 talented and motivated employees working in the Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, Prairie and Northern, Pacific regions, and at our Ottawa Headquarters. We develop policies and enforces Acts and regulations that support transportation efficiency, safety, security, environmental responsibility, and align with globalstandards. Our vision is of a safe, secure, green, innovative and integrated transportation system that supports trade and economic growth, a cleaner environment and the well-being of Canada’s middle class. Our transportation agenda thrives to adopt new ways of thinking about how we deliver services and oversee the transportation system.
We are an employer that fosters employee well-being, provides an open and respectful workplace, competitive benefits and flexible work schedules that promotework-life balance.
Transport Canada is on the Forbes 2020 list of Canada’s best employers.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to staff a permanent position in Dorval.
However, a pool of essentially or partially qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similaror equivalent positions of various durations (indeterminate, term,deployment, acting, assignment) and of various language requirements inTransport Canada.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics.
Note: Candidates must have a degree. The courses for the specialization must be acceptable and may have been taken at a recognized post-secondary institution, but not necessarily within a degree program in the required specialization. The specialization may also be obtained through an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Significant* experience in the development of documents such as briefing notes, reports, presentations and dashboard summarizing the performance of an organization formed with a multitude of departments or disciplines, for higher management (EX-01 and more).
- Recent ** experience in at least one of the following specialties: risk and/or trend analysis, strategic planning or performance measurement.
- Experience in using computer applications (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Significant experience* in using applications to collect and to analyze digital data, in order to assess and communicate on complex*** issues or initiatives.
- Significant refers to an experience of processing and a demonstrated level of complete autonomy that is associated with performing the position tasks for about two (2) years in the last six (6) years.
**Recent refers to an experience acquired in the five (5) past years.
***Complex involves at least one of the two (2) following relevant criteria:
- Sensitive or possibly high profile;
- Multiple stakeholders.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Bilingual – Imperative (BBB/BBB)
Note that this selection process will use the Public Service Commission’s (PSC) Second language evaluation – Unsupervised Internet Tests (SLE UIT). Once this advertisement has closed, you will be invited to completed the Unsupervised tests of written expression and of reading comprehension for level B IF you do not already have valid Second Language Evaluation (SLE) results. You are responsible for checking your email and PSRS account for the invitation to complete the applicable test(s) within the established timeframe.
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of analytical practices and/or methods to conduct statistical studies.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Thinking things through.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Work effectively with others.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Ability to identify hazards, evaluate risks and provide advice on emerging safety trends.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Master’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Experience in building/producing/developing visual reports with Microsoft – Power Business intelligence.
- Experience in the analysis, the presentation and communication of statistical data and evaluation of trends .
- Experience supervising employees or teams.
- Experience within the aviation industry.
- Experience of direct interactions with pilots or aviation technicians.
- Knowledge of risk assessment/risk management processes.
In support of achieving a diversified workforce, consideration may be given to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following employment equity groups: Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, visible minorities and women.
- Ability and willingness to travel to local and national destinations, as required.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, as required.
Conditions of employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Security Clearance : Reliability
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
- Transport Canada will accept applications on-line only.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent to applicants.We will contact candidates once the screening process iscompleted.
- Please ensure that your email address is on your application for correspondence. Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems blockthese types of email.)
- Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to the position even though he/she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications or organizational needs. However, meeting some of these criteria is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
- Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Candidates who were educated outside of Canada, must have the certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable candidates to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job in the public service. The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) assists persons who wish to obtain an assessment of their educational, professional, and occupational credentials by referring them to the appropriate organizations. The CICIC can be contacted through its website at:http://www.cicdi.ca
- Random and/or top down selection of candidates and/other other volume management method may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process.
- All job applications must be submitted through the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS). Following are some of the benefits associated with applying on-line:
- applicants can createa profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time;
- applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time;
- for some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line.
- Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying online are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
About the Company
Company: Transport Canada –
Company Location: Dorval, QC