Aviation Safety Inspector (Fixed Wing Operations) Job at Office of Aviation Services – in Anchorage, AK
To apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/668820800 or https://www.usajobs.gov/job/668821300
This position is located within the Department of Interior (DOI), Office of Aviation Services (OAS), Alaska Region Office (ARO), located in Anchorage, AK. The incumbent plays a major role in DOI’s efforts to improve aviation safety through inspection and surveillance of ongoing aircraft operations, as well as contacts with user bureaus and the aircraft industry in general. The employee performs flight evaluations, maintenance safety inspections and/or surveillance of aircraft and equipment used in a wide range of missions with authority to issue or terminate authorization cards for mission specific applications and provides technical support and advisory services for direct mission support activities.
- Travel – 25% or less, on average annually — The travel requirement is generally higher from January through June, and may require 10 or more nights per month. Travel is significantly less July through December.
- Position is subject to medical requirements and incumbent must maintain medical requirements
- This position is subject to pre-employment drug testing and is subject to future drug testing
At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1.Conducts inspections of fixed wing pilots and may also evaluate rotary wing pilots if qualified.
2. Evaluates pilots to ensure performance that meets safety compliance with contract requirements and OAS policy.
3. Maintains records of approvals and carding of vendors and fleet pilots.
4. Provides flight and ground instruction to fleet pilots.
5. Assists with the development of aviation contract specifications.
6. Issues approvals for pilots to conduct business for DOI.
7. Pilots aircraft for DOI missions and flight training.
8. Identifies and resolves technical problems related to safety and adequacy of operations, operation policy/procedures, qualifications and proficiency of pilots, training deficiencies, suitability of aircraft for missions performed, efficient utilization of equipment, technical condition of aircraft and special equipment, and proper upkeep of flight logs and maintenance records.
The Office of the Secretary has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,922.00 – $137,696.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anchorage, AK 99502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Office of Aviation Services –
Company Location: Anchorage, AK