Aviation Operations Specialist Job at U.S. Army – 4.3 in Los Angeles, CA
The aviation operations specialist is primarily responsible for scheduling and dispatching tactical aircraft missions. They help operate one of the largest fleets of aircraft in the world and keep them running safe and efficient.
- Process local and cross-country flight clearances
- Check accuracy of flight plans and coordinate them
- Maintain flight logs on incoming/outgoing flights and individual flight records
- Alert crash crews of emergencies
- Interpret and post weather reports
Age Requirement 17-34
High school diploma or equivalent
US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Job training for an aviation operations specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field under simulated combat conditions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Introduction to Army aviation operations and record keeping
- Procedures for scheduling aircrafts and assigning crew
- Flight planning and airfield operations
- Interest in working with computers
- Ability to use typewriters and office machines
- Interest in math, aircrafts and air traffic
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 91
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in aviation. Flight operations specialists often work for commercial and private airlines, air transport companies and airports.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- AAR Aircraft Services, Inc
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Raytheon Company
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $24,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
About the Company
Company: U.S. Army – 4.3
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA