Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector – Flight Test Job at Boeing Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector – Flight Test
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000203144
Date Posted: 2022-09-21-07:00
Location: USA – Edwards AFB, CA
Job Description Qualifications:
We are currently seeking an Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector – Flight Test to join one of our exciting teams supporting the B-1, B-52 or KC-46 Programs at Edwards AFB, California.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, test, repair, service aircraft and engine systems to prepare aircraft for flight. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures. May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician Inspection tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications.
- Perform audit/surveillance of all manufacturing and quality assurance processes, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Perform Quality functions such as: Customer/FAA Coordination, Configuration Change Verification, Conformity Inspections, Airworthiness Inspections (including Pre-flight and Post-flights), Corrective Action and Investigations. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures.
- May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications. DEFINITION OF TERM: Maintenance* means inspection, overhaul, repair, preservation, and the initial installation and/or replacement of parts.
- Preventive maintenance** means simple or minor preservation operations and the replacement of small standard parts not involving complex assembly operations. Alterations*** means modifications that permanently or temporarily change an airplane from its original design configuration Associated Duties and Responsibilities: Use technical specifications, sketches, manuals, drawings, engineering instructions and FAA forms and publications to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintains Company and FAA required records and inspection forms. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment. Plan and organize the sequence of your own work package in such a way as to promote safe, efficient operation and meet predetermined schedules in a timely manner.
- Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned tasks. Including but not limited to Company WEB based systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Interpret and perform to the requirements of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and other approved/accepted data.
- Apply applicable mathematical calculations to setup and use precision measuring tools, to measure gaps, heights, angles, hole diameters and depths.
- Make production aids to facilitate work assignment. Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- As assigned, exchange information with suppliers, customers or other company representatives to explain or demonstrate operations, tests or difficulties.
- Physical requirements: work demands moderate to strenuous effort, must be able to frequently lift items ranging from 20 to 50 pounds, must have the ability to stand for frequent periods of time, and must be able to perform tasks that require frequent climbing, crawling, kneeling, stooping, bending, pulling, pushing and other related activities.
This is a union represented position
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
High School Diploma/GED
Ability to complete Fall Protection
Capable of working overtime
Capable of working any shift
Able to travel domestically
- Experience in aircraft, avionics, flight controls, and/or other electronics
- 3 plus years of Electrical and/or Avionics Mechanic experience do you have working with various electrical components for military aircraft
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level: Hourly
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: C2709-029
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud –
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation –
Applicant Privacy –
EEO is the law Poster –
Boeing Policy on EEO –
Affirmative Action and Harassment –
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English –
- Spanish –
Right to Work Statement
- English –
- Spanish –
About the Company
Company Location: Edwards Air Force Base, CA