Area Pilot – AEL Region 3 Job at Air Evac Lifeteam – 3.9 in Jesup, GA
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provide relief support for Base Line Pilots who are scheduled to be absent during regularly scheduled shifts from their Base of assignment. This position will be assigned to a Base within the Air Evac Region and will be responsible for the coverage for Bases within the Region, and if required, for Bases outside the Region. The Region’s RDFO will be responsible for the Area Pilots’ schedule. Ensures all operations involving Company aircraft are in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, Air Evac EMS Operations Manual, and all state and municipal regulations. Report to his/her shift rested and prepared for duty and stays current of weather and forecast changes. Ensure the aircraft remains clean and transport ready and all appropriate paperwork is submitted in a neat and timely manner.
Ensures all operations involving Company aircraft are in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, Air Evac EMS Operations Manual, and all state and municipal regulations. Reports to his/her shift rested and prepared for duty and stays current of weather and forecast changes. Ensures the aircraft remains clean and transport ready and all appropriate paperwork is submitted in a neat and timely manner.
- Operates the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, with emphasis on compliance with the Rotorcraft Flight Manual
- Monitors forecast changes and current weather situations
- Conducts preflight of the aircraft prior to starting shift and/or accepting any transports or flights. Preflight will be conducted utilizing the appropriate rotorcraft flight manual. Discrepancies noted during the pre-flight will be noted in the engineering log with a notification to maintenance of the discrepancy and what corrective action is being taken
- Reports any major malfunctions, aircraft damage, or injured personnel to Operations Center in the most expeditious manner
- Ensures that all operations involving Company aircraft are in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, the Air Evac Operations Manual, and any state or municipal regulation; thus ensuring safe, efficient transport
- 2000 hours total flight time
- 1500 hours helicopter time
- 1000 hours helicopter pilot in command
- 500 hours turbine
- 100 hours night unaided or 50 hours unaided with 100 hours aided
- Previous HEMS experience or equivalent – preferred
Preferred one year experience as a Pilot with a GMR company
Education and Credentials/Licenses:
- Commercial rotorcraft helicopter certificate
- Helicopter instrument rating
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast paced environment
- Exhibits professionalism, is ethical and able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 230 pound weight limit dressed in flight suit and boots
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care – We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team – We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation – We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance – We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership – We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship – We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
About the Company
Company: Air Evac Lifeteam – 3.9
Company Location: Jesup, GA