APS 6 – Branch Quality Manager Job at Department of Defence Brisbane, QLD
- $85,607 – $97,790 (plus Super)
- Brisbane CBD – QLD
The Army Aviation Systems Branch (AASB) Quality Manager (QM) is an established and exciting role that interacts frequently with key stakeholders across Army Aviation Systems Programs Offices (SPO) and Project Offices (PO). The AASB QM is responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the AASB Quality Management System (QMS) certified to the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015.
The duties of the APS 6 AASB Quality Manager include the following:
- Manage and perform quality auditing, assurance, reporting and governance activities for AASB that aligns with CASG QMS and AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015.
- Maintain an understanding and knowledge of the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) to ensure AASB QMS is aligned with the regulations.
- Develop and maintain currency of quality assurance and governance Plans, Instructions and Frameworks.
- Ensure the AASB QMS provides adequate support and guidance to the SPO and PO in meeting compliance, continuous improvement and assurance requirements.
- Deliver Quality Management System training to AASB, tailoring communication style according to the audience level of knowledge, skills and experience.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with all AASB stakeholders that interact with the QMS.
About our Team
Located in Brisbane, as part of Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG), the Army Aviation Systems Branch (AASB) Executive and Support team are critical enablers of Defence capability by supporting our Systems Program Offices (SPO) and Project Offices (PO) in their delivery of military aviation systems to the Australian Army.
The Executive and Support team have overarching responsibility for Branch Business Management achieved through liaison and coordination with the SPOs and POs, with the goal of continuous improvement to streamline and simplify processes. Specifically, the Executive and Support team are able to achieve its core function and organisational goals, on behalf of the branch, through key service areas including Quality Management, Security, Work Health and Safety, Workforce Management, Reserve Management and Commercial Support.
AASB supports career development through a comprehensive professional development program, encouraging employees to build both leadership and technical skills and harnesses continuous improvement ideas and innovations.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is accountable under limited direction to undertake complex quality management work within a Defence Aviation context. You will be accountable for maintaining compliance with quality assurance processes and support the continual improvement of business activities.
You will be able to lead a small team and be accountable to set work priorities and manage workflows, in addition to providing coaching and feedback to staff. You will be committed to building and sustaining effective relationships with management and key stakeholders, including Director Business Operations and Army Aviation SPOs and POs.
About the Company
Company: Department of Defence
Company Location: Brisbane, QLD