A&P Mechanic Job at Phoenix East Aviation – 3.0 in Kennesaw, GA
Job Title A&P Mechanic
Reports To Director of Maintenance
Perform aircraft maintenance and accurately complete all aircraft paperwork to insure safety in a timely manner.
Establish work priorities and perform as a lead mechanic to up to 15 mechanics. Insure work performed adheres to high quality standards. Able to perform heavy maintenance tasks without supervision. Able to perform any type of aircraft rigging. Able to use FAA approved data i.e. IPC, M M,
OHM, SRM proficiently. Effectively interact with peers. All other duties as assigned.
Required to follow maintenance lead for the “efficient” performance of his/her assigned duties.
Ensuring that safety is the primary factor in maintenance performed and that regardless of scheduling or peer pressure that the maintenance performed on an aircraft, powerplant or airframe was performed safely and IAW applicable FAA regulations and Company requirements, prior to the approval for return to service. Responsible to ensure that the maintenance and documenting of maintenance performed is done in accordance with the FAA regulations and company policy/procedures, as applicable for the tasks they perform. Ensure that they do not perform maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or airframe that they are not qualified on, in accordance with the applicable FAA regulations.
“Pass down” the current status of any “partially completed” work to another “on sight” mechanic. If this is not performed he/she SHALL document the status of this “partially completed” work in the maintenance “Pass Down” log prior to leaving the ongoing maintenance task or project. Responsible to ensure accountability for all tooling, expendable items, parts and company owned equipment utilized by him/her during the performance of maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or airframe.
Inform the Director of Maintenance of any shortcomings that may arise regarding the technical manuals, specifications or serviceability of equipment and tools required to perform their assigned maintenance tasks.
Provide recommendations for additional training or process improvements as they deem necessary, to the Director of Maintenance, as applicable. When assigned to work “directly” with an Apprentice
Mechanic or Mechanic Helper, the certified mechanic is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance performed by the apprentice mechanic or helper. Ensure that facilities, aircraft, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner and IAW company standards. Ensure that maintenance records entries for “work performed” are completed properly and IAW FAA requirements and applicable company policies and or procedures. He/she shall also ensure that that maintenance records are submitted in a timely manner and IAW company policy, as applicable. Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to company values and ethics. Dependability, personal responsibility, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately. Must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The employee is REQUIRED to be able to lift 50 lbs or less. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full Time; hours may vary
Weekend availability required
Some travel may be required
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree GED required.
Must have a minimum of 1‐3 years related experience and or training working with General
Must have an A&P License and FAA Airframe & Powerplant certification.
Basic computer skills required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Valid A&P License OR completion of A&P schooling
- 3+ years aircraft maintenance experience OR similar mechanical experience, preferably with turbo and/or jet experience
- Familiarity with all FAR and aviation standards
- Can legally work within the U.S.
- Can speak, read, write, and understand English
- Valid Driver license
- Meets and maintains Motor Vehicle requirements, as defined by company insurance policies
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work, including multiple projects
- Ability to travel with little or no notice to fix AOG Aircraft
- Ability to work overtime hours with little or no notice, as needed
- Possesses a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to read and understand job-related manual, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Possesses problem-solving and decision-making skills
Competitive pay scale commensurate with experience and skillset
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix East Aviation is a Drug Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to a pre‐employment drug screen.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Phoenix East Aviation – 3.0
Company Location: Kennesaw, GA