AIRWORTHINESS TECHNICAL ENGINEER FOR OPERATIONAL CERTIFICATION Job at Airbus – in Getafe, Madrid provincia
Mission: The main mission of the Airworthiness Technical Engineer for Operational Certification is to generate Airplane Flight Manual Weight & Balance Manual, MMEL/MOSEL projects, ETOPS/METOPS/EDTO projects, Special Military Operations, including the definition of applicable certification requirements and the demonstration of its compliance
Functions and Tasks:
- Contribute to production of manuals related to air system Operational Certification (AFM, WBM, OSD including MMEL/MOSEL projects, ETOPS/METOPS/EDTO projects, Special Military Operations); including the definition of the applicable certification requirements and its demonstration of compliance, for the different Airbus Defence & Space Products (C295, A330 MRTT, etc…);
- Coordinate and lead the above mentioned activities, in front of the Airworthiness Authorities and Customers, (even when they are delegated to other Airbus DS Organisations outside of the Product Integrity CoC).
- Support the timely achievement approval of Operational Certification through identification of technical issues and associated risk management plan, identification of regulation and interpretation issues. All of this in coordination with design office, including relevant CVEs, Chief Engineer and Services Organisation (as applicable);
- Responsible for design data gathering from other Engineering CoCs as necessary for production of Operational Manuals Coordinate the resolution of Operators queries related to the artefacts under scope within Airbus DS Eng. CoCs, and provide answer to Services Organisation
- Provide expertise in AFM, WBM, OSD, ETOPS/METOPS/EDTO projects, Special Military, … to the design organization;
- Contribute to the definition of policies for the discipline under his/her scope, and promote their consistent application across programmes, including the participation in the development of new and foreseen airworthiness strategies or policies, in particular for novel or unusual design features or for compliance demonstration method improvement;
- Contribute to Airbus DS Research and Technology (R&T) projects related to the discipline (application and implementation of OSD principles to the military products, digitalization of manuals, …);
- Contribute to develop specialized training to the overall Design Organization on the discipline under his/her scope;
- Coordinate and perform the airworthiness approval of artefacts under scope, exercising DOA/MDOA privileges (when available) as delegated by the Chief of the Office of Airworthiness;
- Managing trans-functional and trans-national projects;
- Proven experience in AFM & MMEL generation;
- Knowledge about Operational Suitability Data (OSD) requirements;
- Experience in Airworthiness functions
- Experience interfacing with the Aviation Authorities, will be a plus for the position;
- Good knowledge of English (knowledge of Spanish language will be a plus for the position)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Defence and Space SAU
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Qualification & Operability
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected] .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.
About the Company
Company: Airbus –
Company Location: Getafe, Madrid provincia