Airport Cargo Ramp Agent Job at GAT Airline Support – 2.4 in Greer, SC
We are seeking a dynamic, dependable, and motivated individual to join our team of aviation professionals. You are just one step away from a new beginning. Don’t miss this great opportunity! Join GAT to begin an exciting new career in the aviation industry at the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport!
Current Available Shifts: 5am-8am and 8pm-11pm
The Cargo Agent organizes warehouse and storage facilities; arrange warehouse handling equipment and load/unload air cargo. Maintain the required safety and quality standards and comply with all standard operating procedures (SOP) and company policies.
- Load/unload air cargo on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks.
- Transporting between terminals and aircraft; ramp transfers of cargo such as receiving, delivering, weighing, and documenting in a freight specific facility or a loading dock area.
- Prepare and palletize cargo as needed.
- Read and legibly complete cargo documents and forms necessary to airline requirements.
- Assure proper handling and delivery of cargo and operation of related equipment.
- Follow Dangerous Goods Requirements and Regulations.
- Comply with GAT Airline Ground Support’s Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Pick-up and delivery of cargo as indicated: pick up mail at a mail facility, freight at freight facility or staging area, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, fluently speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess good communication skills and a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Must be free of disqualifying crimes and able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including overnights (variable shifts), weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to navigate electronic devices (computers, fax machines, printers, timeclock, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GSE maintenance issues.
- Experience and understanding of commercial issues in aviation.
- Must have a High School diploma, GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Capable of processing information in a timely manner.
- Must have and maintain a Valid Driver’s License.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must successfully complete all training requirements and maintain certifications throughout employment.
- Must clear an FBI fingerprint background check.
- Must be physically fit to perform duties of the job including but not limited to standing, lifting, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time.
- Capable of repetitively lifting up to 70 pounds in confined spaces and repetitively.
- Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the job.
- Willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noises.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: GAT Airline Support – 2.4
Company Location: Greer, SC