Airline Customer Service Gate Supervisor Job at Piedmont Airlines, Inc in Syracuse, NY
Supervisors must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations. Responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Coach and provide career development to the staff. Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required. Understand the corporate culture, policies and goals, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures. Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Provide support when employee absence affects the operation. Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and pro-actively solving problems. Supervise, direct and monitor personnel in the completion of their duties and make adjustments, as necessary, to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service. Identify delays, cancellations, and specific customer issues. Protect and rebook passengers on cancelled or delayed flights. Print boarding passes and issue vouchers. Meet delayed flights to make on-board announcements and distribute new boarding passes to affected customers. Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Able to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Prior experience with internal controls processes for accountable items
- Flexible schedule
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous airline management experience
- Current Piedmont employee with a minimum six months of service
- Knowledge of basic airport procedures and fundamental job requirements for gate and ramp agents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business or related field
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- All shifts including weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, standing, reaching, lifting, climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds
- Assist disabled customers
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
About the Company
Company: Piedmont Airlines, Inc
Company Location: Syracuse, NY