Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician II Job at PKL Services, Inc – 4.1 in MCAS Miramar, CA
Position: Flight Equipment Technician II
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Code: Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
The Flight Equipment Technician II is responsible for repairing flight equipment related aircraft systems on FA-18 aircraft, for the customer. PKL employees at this site are subject to a Union/Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) regarding employment terms and work rules.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for troubleshooting, installing, removing, inspecting, and repairing flight equipment related aircraft systems.
2. Responsible for the environmental systems control unit, engine fire extinguishing system, heating and ventilation systems, rain removal system, canopy removal system, seat restraint system, portable fire extinguishing system, technical directives incorporation, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, and flight equipment pool inventory.
3. Plans, schedules, and directs work assignments; serves as quality assurance inspector; prepares and submits reports and records.
4. Any and all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Required educational/skills background:
1. High School Diploma required or equivalent.
2. Must be authorized to work in the United States (U.S.).
3. Level II – Five (5) years previous experience in flight equipment. (CDI Experience). Must be capable of attaining Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) within required timeframe.
4. Previously carried the 6048 MOS or Navy NEC equivalent.
5. Capable of operating support equipment, working knowledge of the CNAFINST 4790.2 (Series).
6. Knowledge of maintenance publications and maintenance requirement cards.
7. Detailed working knowledge of all Navy/Marine Corps sponsored aviation maintenance programs and processes including Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management information Systems (NALCOMIS).
8. Obtain and maintain designation as, but not limited to Collateral Duty Inspector/Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative, Arms, Ammunition and Explosives certification.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching, and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions, including the FA-18 cockpit. Normal color/depth perception and no record of emotional instability are required.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
- Office environment, hangar and flightline
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud at times
PKL Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer to include EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
About the Company
Company: PKL Services, Inc – 4.1
Company Location: MCAS Miramar, CA