Aircraft Refueller Job at Ventia Pty Limited – in Nowra NSW
We are seeking people interested in a career as an Aircraft Refueller to deliver base support for HMAS Albatross, Nowra. Your role will be to safely and professionally deliver aviation fuel operations to our Defence and supporting contracts whilst ensuring fuel quality control is maintained to our high standards.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Complete routine checks to ensure the Defence fuel facility is maintained to Defence Instructions.
- Liaison with stakeholders within the airport to ensure fuel delivery to all users is achieved without delay.
- Report safety concerns to the team and promote a safe work environment.
- Work as a team member and report any negative workplace behaviour.
- Work within a rotating roster covering morning & evening shifts with some weekends.
- Undertake further training to satisfy client requirements.
- Be available for deployments due to Defence exercises or company holiday relief.
- Be an Australian citizen eligible for a Defence clearance
- Valid Australian drivers’ licence with a safe driving history
- Minimum HR (Heavy Ridged) driver’s licence
- Bulk Dangerous Goods (DG) driver’s licence
- Ability to work within a team plus excellent self-management skills
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be flexible if needed to extend their shift and available for ‘Out of Hours’ call-out duties
- Excellent work ethic and forward thinker
- Must have a safety-first attitude
- Live within 30 minutes of the base for call-out duties
- Experience working within an airport or fuels environment
- Heavy vehicle driving experience
- Fuel Quality Control (FQC) qualification (ADF Qualification)
- Current First Aid qualifications
- Permit to Work (PTW)
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 130480
Job Segment: QC, Quality
About the Company
Company: Ventia Pty Limited –
Company Location: Nowra NSW