Aircraft Mechanic Job at Certified Aviation Services LLC – 3.6 in San Jose, CA
An aircraft maintenance engineer keeps aircraft in working order through maintenance, repairs and inspections. The Federal Aviation Administration, or FAA, regulates mechanical work on aircraft, and individuals entering this field must meet specific training and certification requirements. Aircraft maintenance engineers must be prepared to carefully follow FAA regulations and work long hours on emergency repairs.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Requires lots of standing and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Removal, installation and repair of mechanical components on aircraft. (hydraulic, fuel, oxygen,water, air conditioning, floor panels)
- Removal, installation and repair of cabin components on aircraft. (seats, cargo/cockpit/door framelinings.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, adapting to fluctuating workloads andpriorities.
- All will be exposed to working outdoors in the environmental conditions.
- Computer literate and Application oriented.
- Customer interaction.
- FAA repair station paperwork and policies.
- Perform aircraft maintenance
- General Repairs
- LRU Replacement, Trouble Shooting, Routine inspections up to A Checks.
- Obtain and maintain engine runup qualification.
- Maintain a positive relationship with operator planners and local managers.
- Communicate customer questions and issues in a timely manner
- Ensures application of necessary labor and performance to meet goals
- Perform aircraft maintenance for the company’s airline customers.
- Perform aircraft maintenance for CAS’s airline customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Airframe and Powerplant License – REQUIRED
- Two years of previous line maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience and/or training on A320, A321 and/or B737and/or B767 aircraft preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical, as well as an FBI criminal background check.
Pay: Biased On Experience
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $36.00 per hour
- Aircraft maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Preferred)
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Certified Aviation Services LLC – 3.6
Company Location: San Jose, CA