Aircraft Maintenance Technician – MICHIGAN Job at Waterford Aviation, Inc. – in Michigan
About the Job
Aircraft Maintenance Technician needed for extremely busy and growing general aviation shop. We are a Cirrus , Diamond & ICON Aircraft Service Center and routinely have 5 – 6 aircraft in the shop at once for service. Experience is preferred on Cirrus Aircraft, Twin Cessna, and King Air platforms but all GA airframe experienced accepted. Additionally, we service a large (currently 20 aircraft & growing) local flight school with 3 satellite locations (KOZW, KFNT, KYIP). Technician will be required to travel to satellite locations to perform maintenance on Diamond DA40, DA20 & Cessna 172S aircraft. Technician will be required to operate efficiently and proficiently in a high-paced environment. This position is for a day-shift / weekday technician with rotating on-call weekend.
- The technician is responsible for maintenance and repairs to keep aircraft working safely and efficiently inspect, test, maintain and service aircraft to determine airworthiness of aircraft and components, in accordance with established procedures and FARs.
- The technician must possess skills and knowledge to perform maintenance and repairs on nearly all systems of each aircraft. This includes but is not limited to: reciprocating engines (Lycoming & Continental), structures, landing gear, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, electrical systems, flight controls, etc.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record using a Ebis by Datcomedia.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Work with other team members to deliver quality aircraft repairs and on-schedule.
- Comply with DOT required Random Drug Screening Program.
- Must be 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- FAA A&P valid certification required
- FAA IA certification is preferred
- 3 or more years General Aviation experience required (with experience on piston & turboprop aircraft)
- 5 or more years experience preferred
- Cirrus and Cessna experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Enter the Rotating On-call schedule
- Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position
- Own set of aircraft mechanic tools
- Be willing to work overtime as necessary
Benefits Competitive Salary, Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision), Paid Vacation (based on years with company), Holidays, Monthly Snap-On credit, Family-based environment
About the Company
Waterford Aviation, located in Waterford Michigan (KPTK), was established in 1976 and is a premier Cirrus Aircraft Service Center for the Southeast Michigan Region. We are a full service aircraft maintenance and repair facility with capabilities from the smallest Cessna to King Air 300-series aircraft.’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are a group of practical individuals, all of whom believe in taking the precautions that each feels necessary to maintain a safe working environment.
- Aircraft maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Waterford Aviation, Inc. –
Company Location: Michigan