Aircraft Maint Tech Apprentice Job at LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION – 4.0 in Greenville, SC
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Aircraft Maintenance Technician Apprentice will be trained to perform structural work on F16 aircraft in accordance with technical data. The Apprentice will receive on the job learning (OJL) to include inspection, repair and maintenance of electrical, structural and mechanical elements of an aircraft while performing direct tasks for the program. The Apprentice will be expected to perform repetitive and non-repetitive maintenance operations after completing training with some supervision or assistance. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools to perform maintenance according to technical data.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- US Person.
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehend directions in English and be able to communicate with colleagues in English.
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift (10 hours) which includes start times of 5:30 am, 6 am, 3 pm, or 4:30 pm.
- Ability to complete and pass a 6-week offsite paid training course which consists of drilling, fastener installation, sealing of components, riveting, nut plates, and interpreting aircraft blueprints.
- Previous experience in work that required fine motor skills.
- Previous experience in work that required high levels of detail.
- Previous experience in occupations requiring high levels of dexterity.
- The ability to stand and perform tasks for sustained periods of time.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
About the Company
Company: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION – 4.0
Company Location: Greenville, SC