Aircraft Fueler Job at Menzies Aviation – 3.0 in North Las Vegas, NV
- Perform fueling in a safe and efficient manner
- Drive and operate fuel trucks, hydrant cards, and stationary carts to fuel aircraft
- Responsible for accurate accounting of fuel transactions
- Perform daily Quality Control checks on equipment
- Maintain equipment in clean and functional condition
- Ensure the correct loading and balancing of fuel
- Responsible for defueling aircraft as directed
- Comply with attendance standards
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid US driver’s license
- Must pass all pre-employment testing including a physical, color vision test, audio test, and drug test
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Handle fueling carts and fueling hoses which will require you to lift and move up to 70lbs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Work is done primarily outdoors; must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must pass background check and obtain US Customs seal
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Prior experience preferred including possession of a Commercial Driver’s License or experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Advancement Opportunities to Lead and Supervisor
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Training
- Uniform Provided
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure to outdoor environments, various inclement weather conditions, aviation related fumes and various noise levels. Acutely aware of safety related procedures. Position requires wearing safety related equipment, i.e. goggles, gloves, boots, respirator, hearing protection, and back support as necessitated by a specific task. Position requires lifting, pulling, pushing, rotating, twisting, climbing of high tanks, squatting, kneeling, overhead arm movement. Must be able to occasionally handle weights up to and including 70 lbs. Exposure to related cleaning and chemical materials (review MSDS Reference Book) during routine and special cleaning assignments. This category as stated, is not exclusive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
The individual must also be able to open and close large value on 16″ product delivery pipelines quickly. Opening and closing these values involves twisting and pulling motion and sometimes considerable physical exertion.
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. Employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.20 per hour
About the Company
Company: Menzies Aviation – 3.0
Company Location: North Las Vegas, NV