Aircraft Detailer/Appearance Technician Job at Oakland, CA in Oakland, CA
Why Work at Pacific Coast Jet?
It’s an exciting time for Pacific Coast Jet! As we continue to grow, we strive to remain as adaptable, motivated and responsive to our new employees as we are to our customers. We pride ourselves on being customer-focused while maintaining open communication with our staff. The world of charter aviation is an exciting area in which to work, and we’ll continue working to ensure our organization remains dynamic and on the cutting edge.
We’re continuously transforming the way we operate in order to improve our services. Our employees and partners have continued to meet the challenges of our field and excel. We are very proud of where we are today, and excited about where we are headed. Our team is our most important and greatest asset. We could not accomplish what we do every day without our employees.
Here are a few specific benefits PCJ team members experience:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance offered
- Optional 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account with employer matching
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays off
- Competitive compensation
Purpose of Role:
The Aircraft Detailer reports to the Director of Maintenance and performs appearance inspections of aircraft interior / exteriors and performs needed cleaning and detail function to ensure the aircraft is kept in like-new condition. The detailer will coordinate with the Director of Maintenance on any non-cleaning related items noted such as paint chips or degrading interior furnishing condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain each aircraft operated by Pacific Coast Jet while they remain overnight at the Oakland, CA base.
- Prioritize each aircraft needs in conjunction with the Shop Manager to ensure the aircrafts appearance is in flight-ready condition.
- Maintain aircraft cleaning logs and records as required.
- Keep the appearance condition logs updated with any cosmetic items found which require either interior shop support or OEM support.
- Maintain hangar/shop area cleanliness as directed by Shop Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with detailing of interior and exteriors.
- Ability to apply OEM technical data for interior and exterior appearance supplied by the Director of Maintenance in maintaining Pacific Coast Jet aircraft.
- The ability to receive training from approved sources to maintain leather, carpet, etc. to maintain appearance and condition of interior furnishings.
- Ability to be flexible with unpredictable work schedule dictated by the constantly changing flight schedule and unscheduled maintenance demands.
- Ability to successfully pass a background screening.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Daily physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of standing.
- Utilizing and standing on ladders and lifts to perform detailing functions.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds vertically through 4 feet and maneuver loads at arm’s length.
- Available to work full-time on location at Pacific Coast Jet’s Oakland base.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Detailing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
About the Company
Company: Oakland, CA
Company Location: Oakland, CA