Aircraft Detailer Job at PrimeFlight Aviation – 3.0 in Van Nuys, CA
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Supports the day-to-day operations for a professional aircraft detailing services company based at an OEM Aircraft Station or Completion Center. The Aircraft Detailer will perform all exterior and interior cleaning of the aircraft. The Aircraft Detailer will comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to his own actions and conduct.
- Clean and polish exterior and interior of aircraft.
- Polishing of aircraft painted and aluminum surfaces.
- Condition leather.
- Clean and polish wood, metal hardware, and fabrics.
- Sanitize galley and lavatory surfaces.
- Follow Quality Management System Procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Follows all department safety guidelines and ensures proper usage of tools and personal protection equipment.
- Must maintain personal appearance according to company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned, but no covered herein.
- Availability to work varied hours, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to stay late or come in early to meet the demands of the aircraft schedule and workloads.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification (if required).
- Ability to include close vision and depth perception, ability to visually focus and see colors.
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft detailing process.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, grasp with hands, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl or maintain balance.
- Perform at heights up to 25 feet. Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and scissor lift equipment.
- Must regularly lift and or move up to 40 pounds.
- Perform duties in all weather conditions and environments.
- Must successfully pass all pre-employment checks and drug tests, as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Prior detailing experience preferred, but not required.
- Understanding the importance of using safety equipment and following safety procedures to protect oneself, customers, and the public
- Demonstrating a willingness to take the necessary precautions to decrease the chance of accidents
- Paying constant attention to safety considerations and the prevention of accidents on the job
Co-Worker Relations / Teamwork
- Working effectively and cooperatively with co-workers (e.g., peers, management)
- Demonstrating a willingness to participate as a “team” member to improve the overall effectiveness of one’s workgroup and to achieve group goals
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively.
- Establishing and maintaining harmonious relations with internal and external customers by being courteous and helpful
- Showing appreciation and respect for customers’ needs, expectations, and perspectives
- Representing one’s organization by demonstrating behaviors that reflect an attitude of customer service, responsiveness, and concern
- Producing work outcomes that are accurate, complete, and compatible with quality standards
- Handling work requiring attention to detail and thoroughness
- Achieving results that reflect an appreciation for quality and high personal standards of performance
- Adapting to changes in job demands, work priorities, and organizational structure without adverse effects on one’s job performance
- “Switching gears” quickly in response to changes at work
- Being motivated to meet or exceed productivity and quality standards on one’s job
- Demonstrating commitment to organizational values, goals, and policies
- Using work time conscientiously and maintaining an acceptable attendance record
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cleaning & Detailing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: PrimeFlight Aviation – 3.0
Company Location: Van Nuys, CA