Aircraft Avionics Technician – Experienced Applicants Preferred Job at Port City Air – 2.4 in Portsmouth, NH
Port City Air, a busy FBO/Maintenance and Repair facility at Pease International Tradeport in beautiful Portsmouth, NH is looking for qualified and motivated avionics technicians. This is a full time position requiring a thorough understanding of aircraft avionics systems, installations, repair and maintenance. The ideal candidate must possess a working knowledge of various manufacturers products including Garmin, Aspen, Avidyne, BendixKing, L3, S–TEC, Insight, JPI, MidContinent, and more. The technician will be responsible for installation, inspection, maintenance, and repairs of avionics equipment in accordance with the Port City Air repair station manual, manufacturer’s manuals, and FAA regulations.
Flexibility to perform Inspections and maintenance on GA aircraft, corporate aircraft, and occasional line maintenance on Airbus, Boeing, MD, etc. airliners as required is preferred. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to lead and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Aircraft wiring, pitot static system maintenance.
- System troubleshooting
- VFR/IFR Certifications
- Installation and service of the latest Avionics Products
- Customer interaction and quoting skills
- Field work as needed
- At least three-five (3-5) years of prior experience preferred.
- Factory schooling, prior corporate, or GA experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret aircraft technical data.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to achieve established goals by working with others as part of a team, including working with/in other departments (Reciprocating, Turbine, and Avionics) as manpower requires.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Masks, gloves, and sanitizer are available and masks are mandatory in all public areas. Clear plastic barriers have been installed at customer service locations.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Portsmouth, NH 03801 (Preferred)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How does your previous experience relate to this role?
- What is your expected salary range for the position?
- Avionics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Port City Air – 2.4
Company Location: Portsmouth, NH