AEL Flight Instructor/Check Airman – O’Fallon, MO Job at Air Evac Lifeteam – 3.9 in O’Fallon, MO
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Provides instruction for training new-hires and recurrent pilots and conducts check-rides in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 135.293 and 135.299. Must have a working knowledge and be familiar with all aspects of aviation ground and flight training, Flight Training Device (FTD) in the absence of the Flight Simulator Trainer. May also be assigned to other aviation related departments with special projects.
Conducts flight training
- Assists in scheduling all ground school and flight training.
- Observes and evaluates performance, knowledge, and skills for pilots, using manuals, checklists, or proficiency tests.
- Conducts training and reviews courses in use of equipment, flight procedures, and techniques. Instructs new pilots in company regulations and procedures and in operation of company’s aircraft and instruction for ground training for recurrent and new-hire pilots.
- Ferry’s aircraft as required and requested from part 145/135 maintenance.
- Assists maintenance by performing acceptance pre-flights/flights.
- Operates the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with the Aircraft Flight Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, the Air Evac Operations Manual, and any state or municipal regulation; thus ensuring safe, efficient mission completion
- Monitors forecast changes and current weather situations
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous HAA experience preferred
- Previous FAR 135 experience preferred
- Previous Check Airman experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skills: Commercial rotorcraft helicopter certificate
- Class I or II Medical Certificate
- Helicopter instrument rating
- 2000 hours Pilot in Command helicopter
- 100 hours in type preferred
- CFI Helicopter preferred
Credentials/Licenses: | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Required to work in outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
- Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts; Frequently exposed to vibrations/turbulence and exposed to loud noise levels requiring headphones while in-flight
- Read and carry out complicated instructions.
- Work well as a member of a team while under pressure.
- May be required to work shifts during his/her 7-days off-hitch to fill-in when other Flight Instructors/CA are not available, or excessive training is occurring.
- Working Conditions: 230 pound weight limit with flight suit and boots
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
Mental Requirements: n/a
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care – We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team – We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation – We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance – We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership – We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship – We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Chief Flight Instructor
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
About the Company
Company: Air Evac Lifeteam – 3.9
Company Location: O’Fallon, MO