AEL 045 Fayette, AL – Base Mechanic Job at Just Helicopters in Fayette, AL
To function as a Base Mechanic in accordance with Air Evac EMS, Inc. (AEEMS) General Operations Manual and Policies and Procedures. To assist with coverage of open shifts as needed in assigned area.
- Maintains the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner with emphasis on compliance with the A.A.I.P.
- Submit all appropriate paperwork in a neat and timely manner
- Report any major malfunctions, aircraft damage to the appropriate individuals in the most expeditious manner
- Present him/her self in a neat and professional manner while carrying out his duties with the Company
- Actively promote the Company’s public relations image. He/she will provide the customer with courteous, efficient, and, safe service
- Refer any questions from the media to the Public Relations Department, this excludes normal questions of a PR nature
- Wash, wax, and clean aircraft as needed along with nurse, paramedic, and pilot
- Perform housekeeping duties required to keep the hangar area neat, clean, and presentable
- Become thoroughly acquainted with all relevant local Policies and Procedures
- Monitor aircraft maintenance status and maintain liaison with the regional maintenance personnel to ensure proper and timely scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is accomplished
- Keep the Regional Director of Maintenance informed of all operational matters that should be brought to the attention of Company management
- Read, understand and interpret maintenance manuals, technical websites, written & verbal instructions
- Perform other duties as required
Air Evac Lifeteam Aviation Maintenance Technicians provide ACCESS to a higher level of emergency health care for patients with life or limb-threatening injuries or illnesses. How? These highly skilled A&P mechanics are on call 24/7 to provide needed service to Air Evac’s fleet of more than 150 helicopters.
Air Evac Lifeteam benefits include a competitive wage, medical, dental, vision, a 401K, relocation assistance and factory or factory-equivalent training.
“As a base mechanic, I am part of a family, and my job is to ensure that everyone has a safe and airworthy aircraft.” Chris, Air Evac Lifeteam Base Mechanic
To perform this job successfully, a mechanic must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School or Training Equivalent
- Current A & P certificate required
- Current States Drivers License
- Two years experience in helicopter maintenance
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Able to use arms, hands and legs to accomplish tasks
- Able to sit, stand and squat for extended periods of time
- Able to climb with balance on and off aircraft
- Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
- Required to work in outside weather conditions
- Exposed to loud noise levels
- Able to be on call during work week
- Required to work after hours and weekends as needed
Air Evac is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, including disables veterans.
Thousands of helicopter professionals from 160+ countries “worldwide” visit JustHelicopters.com every day, making it the Helicopter Industry’s #1 Online Resource! Whether a Helicopter Pilot, Helicopter Student, Helicopter Mechanic, Employer, Helicopter Flight School, Helicopter Business, or an enthusiast, JustHelicopters.com has something for you.
Visit our Partner Sites for more valuable content including career development, Ebooks and Seminars.
About the Company
Company: Just Helicopters
Company Location: Fayette, AL