Account Manager – Aviation Job at ABM Industries, Inc. in Tacoma, WA
Account Manager – Aviation
This position is responsible for the existing airport customer base to retain and expand services as well as develop new airport customers utilizing the entire suite of services that ABM offers. The primary regions of responsibility will include the Central and Mountain time zones. Position will be goaled on orders, margin improvement and retention.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Create and build long term relationships with the airport account base by establishing strategic and actionable plans to grow revenue, improve retention and increase profit.
- Recognize and develop opportunities for upgrading and expanding services.
- Utilizes strategic probing to identify, evaluate and recommend alternative business solutions.
- Developments and implements account plans that drive the attainment of critical business objectives.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities.
- Perform site surveys and assists the customer with solutions development.
- Lead contract negotiation and assist local operations with any commercial issues.
- Possess strong financial/business and pricing knowledge.
- Viewed as a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Analyzes multiple market factors to both anticipate/identify customer challenges and recommend appropriate solution.
- Work with internal customers to provide scope solutions for customer issues.
- Attend all new project kick off meetings both with internal and external customers.
- Engages cross functional resources, regardless of geographic location to achieve goals and meet customer needs.
- Responsible to attend events, trade shows and trade association meetings (including after hours) to facilitate networking opportunities.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Maintaining accurate records of all activities in SalesForce.com and promoting database cleanup and hygiene through regular and ongoing maintenance activities to ensure proper lead management.
- Effectively balances short term and long-term priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of relative experience selling into airports or public entities.
- Experience managing large complex customers with multiple decision makers and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of or experience with Janitorial, Facility Maintenance, and Parking operations a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient using Salesforce and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
About the Company
Company: ABM Industries, Inc.
Company Location: Tacoma, WA